[CAF] Proposed 0.27 release of CAF

Olaf Alders olaf at vilerichard.com
Thu Feb 9 13:55:56 EST 2006

On 9-Feb-06, at 9:50 AM, G. Matthew Rice wrote:

> Olaf Alders <olaf at vilerichard.com> writes:
>> I'm getting this error:
>>
>> olaf$ p4 integ -b caf-main-to-scratch-olaf
>> Client 'olaf' unknown - use 'client' command to create it.
>
> Ah, you need some environment variables set.  In this case, P4CLIENT.

Getting closer.  I had it set to "olaf", which I guess isn't right.
The original one "olaf-caf" gives me this error:

Client 'olaf-caf' can only be used from host 'h250.starnix.com'.
But, p4-caf works.  Must have created that by accident.  :)  If it's
all the same, I can just use that one.

> You seem to have 3 to choose from as of last night :)
>
>   matt at brando:~/p4/lpi$ p4 clients|grep olaf
>   Client olaf-caf 2005/10/29 root /Users/olaf/p4-caf 'Created by
> olaf. '
>   Client p4-caf 2006/02/08 root /Users/olaf/Documents/p4-caf
> 'Created by olaf. '
>   Client test-caf 2006/02/08 root /Users/olaf/Documents/p4-caf
> 'Created by olaf. '
>
> just do: export P4CLIENT=...
>

>> Any tips?  I'm obviously new to this stuff!
>
> If you are reusing an old one and there's any possibility that you
> were doing
> things to files without telling perforce, you should remove the entire
> directory (or copy it out of the way) and do:
>
>         p4 sync -f

Great.  I've done that and I think I'm up to date now.  So, I would
just check out files in /scratch/olaf/from-main I guess? What's the
protocol after I've made some edits that I think are ready to be
looked at?

Thanks for your help!

Olaf
--