Suggestions to LPI

Jack Coates jack at
Sat Jun 28 18:09:39 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 12:19, William Cooper wrote:
> Please ref to attachement
> Regards,
> William Cooper

there is certainly a marketing issue at hand, which is that the LPIC is
not well known. I also recognize however that these things take time,
and the word-of-mouth marketing currently used is probably the most
powerful option available withing LPI's budget.

All in all, I'm more concerned with LPIC-3 being out in a timely fashion
and with stellar quality than I am with naming of the certification

On another note, 50% failure ratio is fine for the entry level tests,
but from a marketing perspective it is good for the tests to get harder
as the level gets higher. Cisco makes quite a bit of hay on the fact
that 80% of candidates fail the CCIE lab on their first try. The CCIE
commands respect because it's harder to get than a CCNA.

Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...