[OT] Is anyone with Novell on this lists?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Jun 10 12:04:27 EDT 2004

Mega-off-topic, but since Novell is now a Platnium Sponsor, if figure it
can't hurt.  Just curious if anyone is.  If so, are they familiar with
Novell's roadmap for NetWare 7 and the first, Linux-based offering?  How
about certification for NetWare 7?

I'm getting a lot of flak for only being a CNA6 from a lot of parties
interested in LPI/SL certification -- even though it's not NetWare
(ugh!).  Many want a Certified Novell Instructor (CNI), which requires
the CNE and CompTIA CTT+**.

I've been holding off on getting my CNE (and probably the CLE, assuming
I can afford to drop another $4-5K of my own money this year in
certification ;-) until NetWare 7 comes out.  So I'm very interested in
any roadmaps -- especially when it comes to the release most excellent
Novell courseware for CNE 7 (definitely worth the $1K, have to give it
to Novell for such designs).

-- Bryan

P.S.  I'll post to lpi-discuss if I don't get an answer.

P.P.S.  I'll do the CNE, maybe the CLE, but I still don't know if I'm
going to do the CNI.  Once you get into vendor aligned trainer (Novell
CNI, Microsoft MCT, etc... -- even SuSE SCLT now!) details, it gets
expensive.  I _might_ get the CTT+, but I really don't think much of it
being a certified teacher**.

**RANT/NOTE:  I think if you are a certified teacher at the secondary
level (which takes a crapload more to accomplish IMHO, not to mention
far more difficult) this requirement should be waived.

Bryan J. Smith, E.I. -- b.j.smith at ieee.org