[OT] Is anyone with Novell on this lists?

ross brunson ross at brunson.org
Thu Jun 10 15:51:30 EDT 2004

You nailed it with the need to waive the requirements!

I personally think that Novell needs to make the CNI process less of an
obstacle course, there can't be that many paper-CNI's by this point, can
there?  (Anyone with a weak stomach for a down training economy has long
since went away to raise chickens or drive bread trucks somewhere...)

For example, I'm qualified to teach just about any topic that's
networking or Unix/Linux/Microsoft-oriented, but not many
trainers/teachers  can say they felt in the last few years that keeping
up one's CNI/CNE status was a high priority.

I for one have been polishing up my Novell skills, but just like you
said, who wants to drop 5K to get certified on a product that most
indicators say will be moving onto Linux in the near future?

SuSE/Novell have lately been updating and releasing the CLE-related
objectives and such, and there's a 3015 NNLS self-study kit on the site,
but that obstacle of having to be a CNE to be a CNI to train on SUSE
Linux is absurd, IMHO.

Ross

--

Ross