[LPI-News] Linux Professional Institute develops Academic Program in Malaysia

Scott Lamberton slamberton at lpi.org
Mon Feb 14 11:07:08 EST 2011

LPI develops Academic Program in Malaysia

(Sacramento, CA, USA: February 14, 2011) - The Linux Professional
Institute (LPI), the world's premier Linux certification organization
(http://www.lpi.org), announced a new initiative to promote Linux
training within colleges and universities in Malaysia.  This initiative
by LPI affiliate, LPI-Asia Pacific (LPI-APAC: http://www.lpi-apac.org/),
will enable post-secondary academic programs in Malaysia to adopt LPI
training as part of their regular IT curriculum.  LPI-APAC is working
with the Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Higher
Education of Malaysia (http://www.mohe.gov.my) in introducing this
program to both private and public educational institutions within Malaysia.

"We congratulate our affiliate, LPI-APAC, in developing this novel
approach to our regular LPI-Approved Academic Program.  In addition, the
support from the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education is particularly
exciting and demonstrates LPI's longstanding efforts to work
cooperatively with government, academia and industry in promoting Linux
professionalism," said Jim Lacey, president and CEO of the Linux
Professional Institute.

LPI's training partner program which includes both private training
organizations (LPI-ATP) and academia (LPI-AAP) has over 300 members
worldwide and delivers Linux education and skills development to prepare
students for their LPI certification.  For more information on LPI's
training partner program please see: http://www.lpi.org/training

"The Department of Higher Education of Malaysia's Ministry of Higher
Education has reviewed the training and certification programs offered
by the Linux Professional Institute and note it fulfills our present
educational objectives.  Furthermore, LPI's program has great potential
to be of broad benefit to our nation's "Institutions of Higher
Learning" particularly around LPI's activities in supporting academic
and industry collaboration.  We invite post-secondary institutions
throughout Malaysia to contact LPI on their program," said Professor
Madya Dr. Zarida Hambali, Director of Academic Development Management
Division, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Higher Education,
Malaysia.

For more information on LPI's training and certification program for
"Institutions of Higher Learning" in Malaysia please contact
operations at apac.lpi.org

The Linux Professional Institute is globally supported by the IT
industry, enterprise customers, community professionals, government
entities and the educational community. LPI's certification program is
supported by an affiliate network spanning five continents and is
distributed worldwide in multiple languages in more than 7,000 testing
locations. Since 1999, LPI has delivered over 270,000 exams and 90,000
LPIC certifications around the world.

# # #

About the Linux Professional Institute:

The Linux Professional Institute promotes and certifies essential skills
on Linux and Open Source technologies through the global delivery of
comprehensive, top-quality, vendor-independent exams. Established as an
international non-profit organization in September 1999 by the Linux
community, the Linux Professional Institute continues to demonstrate
recognized global leadership in the certification of Linux
professionals. LPI advances the Linux and Open Source movement through
strategic partners, sponsorships, innovative programs and community
development activities. LPI's major financial sponsors are Platinum
Sponsors IBM, Linux Journal, Linux Magazine, Novell, SGI, and TurboLinux
as well as Gold Sponsors, HP and IDG.

Media Contacts:

Scott Lamberton
Director of Communications
Linux Professional Institute
http://www.lpi.org
slamberton at lpi.org
+1-905-269-0862

Eddie Lee
Business Development Manager, Malaysia
LPI-APAC (Asia Pacific)
elee at lpi.org
+ 603-79583013
Contact: Scott Lamberton, Director of Communications
Email: slamberton at lpi.org
Telephone: +1-905-269-0862