[Lpi-brasil] LPI-News May 2003

Wilma Silbermann wilma at lpi.org
Mon Jun 2 18:25:39 EDT 2003

1; Retake Policy
2; Volunteer of the month - Jason Record of Novell
3; Oscon Conference in Oregon USA,
   Linux User Conference in Birmingham UK
4; http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/31/LPI.pdf
5; LPI's affiliate in the USA is OSSI.

1;  The retake policy for LPI exams has been set.

If you fail an LPI exam, you must wait one week before you retake it.
If you fail a second time, you must wait 90 days before taking it again.
If you fail a third and successive time, you must again wait 90 days.

If you pass the LPI exam, you can not retake it until the exam is
re-written, and the revision is published.

2;  We have not offered recognition for volunteer of the month for
some time - but we really wanted to offer some recognition to;
Mr Jason Record who has been assisting the Exam Develpment Team as it
finalized the re-write of Level 1.
Thank-you Jason for your time and effort.
Without our volunteers - LPI would not be the valuable community effort
it has become.

3; OSCON

The OSCON conference will be held in Oregon, USA in July 2003.
Please have a look at the website for details;
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/23/events.html

 We will offer LPI Exam 101 (from the Level 1 certification) and 201
(from the Level 2 certification) on July 9th and 10th at 11AM and 2PM.
Please come with your LPI ID number;
https://www.lpi.org/register.html

Let me know if and when you plan to take an exam, so that we can try
to accomodate everyone; wilma at lpi.org

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/expo/
LPI will also be at the Linux User and Developer show in Birmingham,
England next month.
If you have time, please come and visit the LPI booth to discuss
LPI in the UK;

4; http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/31/LPI.pdf

We noticed an interesting article on LPI training in the UK.
It covers the training in one particularly lovely place in England,
where you can prepare for the LPI certification.

If you find any other interesting LPI articles, please let us know.
wilma at Lpi.org

5; LPI's affiliate in the USA is OSSI.

Here is a paragraph from our new affiliate;

The Open Source Software Institute (OSSI) has assumed the role as
LPI's affiliate organization within the United States.
 As the U.S. affiliate, OSSI will work closely with existing LPI
staff and supporters, LPI certified professionals, training centers
and instructors to promote LPI as the leading vendor-neutral Linux
certification effort in the industry.

OSSI (www.oss-institute.org) is currently developing a strategic
plan to promote LPI within industry and government markets and
establish a network of approved training centers and LPI training
instructors.

As a member and supporter of LPI, your input and participation is
critical.
To get involved please email;

John Weathersby at jmw at oss-institute.org .

Thanks for all your support and please contact LPI if there are
any questions or errors on this News Letter.  info at lpi.org

Wilma Silbermann
VP Operations
wilma at lpi.org