Test versions

kara at lpi.org kara at lpi.org
Mon Apr 29 16:44:10 EDT 2002

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Barbara Jennings wrote:

> My understanding is that the LPI 101 and 102 exams are not vendor
> specific, but are they are kernel specific? There are some subtleties
> that are quite different between the versions. Do the exams reference
> one in particular and if so, which version.

You are correct that there are differences in kernel releases. We have
done our best to specify which kernel we're referring to in our
objectives, if we believe there are differences. However, most of those
differences between kernel versions have specific names, e.g. ipchains
versus iptables, therefore the versions are redundant and should be
obvious.

Is there something specific you're wondering about that we may have
missed?

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/