Test versions

kara at lpi.org kara at lpi.org
Mon Apr 29 17:21:16 EDT 2002

There is nothing kernel specific on the 101 exam. There are kernel topics
on the 102 exam, but nothing that is specific to versions. I looked at the
objective pages for the new Level 1 exams (not yet published) and the only
things specific to kernel releases are security topics (ipchains versus
iptables) and both are covered.

If my memory serves me correctly, during research and development of the
current level 1 exams, 2.0 was the "stable" kernel for the majority of
development, with 2.2 being released around the time of item development
(or test publishing). The new exams cover topics that are applicable to
both 2.2 and 2.4 kernels.

You really shouldn't have to worry about which kernel version. If you have
a question about something specific, I'll be more than happy to clarify.

-Kara