AW: LPI-DE stops working

Torsten Scheck torsten.scheck at gmx.de
Fri Aug 2 06:48:00 EDT 2002

On 08/02/2002 11:51 AM, martin f krafft wrote:
[...]
> Well, is there a result that we can see (not the translation of the
> webpage or objectives, but of the planning for the translation of the
> actual exams)? Or are you doing this just in the group of you and Taki
> and Co.? I have never received information on this, not from you and
> not through lpi-* lists.

Again, please read my former message.
I don't think my English is so bad that you can't
understand that the translation is not a
one-week-translation-fun-event but a longer, well
planned and well prepared process.

I told you about the translation plans almost one
year ago. In many messages I asked for help, e.g.
in my welcome message for the European working group.

The updated Level 1 exams are not even officially
beta, please concentrate on the glossary and the
objectives.

Before a candidate takes the German exam, he will
have to study the objectives. And many candidates
even want to take a class or read a book, which also
depend on the objectives.

Just take a look at the German LPI page, and start
to help if you have some spare time.

[...]
> I wonder how many times I've offered my help on translating the exam.
> All I've been asked to do was translate the LPI News every now and
> then. I am failing to see the point of German LPI News if the exam is
> English only.

You won't believe how important such a newsletter is
for a project. Don't you read the Debian Weekly News as
a Debian advocate?
BTW: http://lwn.net has mentioned LPI-News the last few
months. I think that's great!

Some of your assumptions are a little bit annoying.
Could you please discuss in a less teasing manner?

Torsten

--
Torsten Scheck, LPIC-1
Software Engineer     | private
Torsten.Scheck at sot.de | Torsten.Scheck at gmx.de
+49 (0)6261 8930-14   | +49 (0)6293 1321