LPI 2

kara at lpi.org kara at lpi.org
Tue Jun 25 17:00:18 EDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, martin f krafft wrote:

> so? given that there is DEB and APT with all its cool features,
> i am never ever going to need RPM, and yet i still have to learn it???

If you don't learn RPM, what happens when your client or your boss hands
you a production Red Hat machine? Wouldn't it be more simple to know the 3
or 4 basic commands for what you need to do with RPM?

Although, I'll admit. I am getting quite spoiled now that APT has been
ported to Red Hat for use with RPMS.

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/