DPKG vs. RPM in LPIC 101 exam

kara at lpi.org kara at lpi.org
Thu Oct 23 10:24:30 EDT 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Dan Cooper wrote:

> The one thing I dont understand is why BIND-4 is included in 102 - how often
> are the objectives updated? To my knowledge they were last updated about a
> year ago and how many people were running BIND-4 a year ago?
>
> Dan Cooper
> http://www.lpiforums.com

There were both Bind4 and Bind8 in the objectives.  The objective update
process began over a year ago.  At that time, the admins participating in
the survey still said that bind4 was still important to their jobs.  I
seem to recall the comments being not to be using bind4, but to understand
how to migrate between bind4 to bind8, requiring some very basic bind4
knowledge.

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/