DPKG vs. RPM in LPIC 101 exam

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Oct 23 20:12:15 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 12:58, Manfred Moser wrote:
> I switched to Debian in the meantime and did some Red Hat but the great thing
> about LPI is that it is NOT a RHCE or so.. .and should not become one either.

I don't know how to read that, so I'm going to read it in a positive
way.

First off, LPI is a great international, vendor neutral organization.
The LPIC program is proof positive that you _can_ build a vendor neutral
certification program that can reach the "expert" level.

But, secondly, I hope _no_one_ belittles Red Hat's certification
program.  Lab-based testing is still a very good way to gage competence
at a very high level.  The downsides are that it easily becomes
vendor-centric and expensive.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org  http://thebs.org