[lpi-discuss]Question about the test?

Mike Partyka mpartyka at mn.rr.com
Mon Apr 5 08:56:00 EDT 2004

Ack! Now i am not so sure i am ready.

That's very dissapointing to hear that the Linux+ and LPI are not very close
to one another. Novell did some LPI prep training and that's what i was
going through to prepare. In their presentation they reference pages in the
book to look for more detail.

If the objectives are so far disparate i wonder why they would use the
Linux+ book?

Could you recommend a book to take a look at that is only for LPI
objectives? I looked on LPI.org and referenced some of the books they listed
there on amazon to see what people were saying and none of the books seemed
to be particularly well received. I know your somewhat conflicted since you
do an lpi prep course. BTW, I tried to sell my company on it but the timing
was unfortunate because we are working on a major application roll-out and
they said they wanted that to be the focus and they would consider training
later. I just didn't want to wait so i started hitting the books.

I'd be happy to send you the Novell course i have been going through if you
wanted to take a look. Or send you the a ROM, it's about 80M. Might be
interesting for you to see all the materials out there that people can use.

Well thanks for the warning in any case. It's difficult to satisfy the
objectives of the test and yet become more proficient on the platform of
choice at work. In the end you have to learn three or more ways to do the
same thing on different distro's . . .<sighs> ahh well.

Thanks,