[lpi-discuss]Question about the test?

R Virani rvirani at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 5 12:19:57 EDT 2004

Mike,

Upon Studying for my LPI Level 1 the main books I used where "Using Linux
Special Edition" from QUE, though the book is dated, the examples are
quite good and to the point.  I also read Running Linux 3rd Edition (I
beleive 4th Ed is out).  In addition to this download a tarball of the
HOWTOs and read them according to the objectives, developerworks at ibm
has some execellent tutorials by Daniel Robbins, do those too.

I believe, that the Linux+ exams are alot easier than LPI's Level 1, from
what I have read and the books I have seen for it, when deciding which to
do I went for the more difficult (LPI).  I would recommend being very
prudent in covering all the LPI Objectives stated on the site.

Hope that helps,

R.

http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different