[lpi-discuss]Question about the test?

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net
Tue Apr 6 17:19:35 EDT 2004

Quoting ross brunson <ross at brunson.org>:

> After a week in Linux?  Dunno, do you have ANY other Unix experience?
> I'd hate to put a hex on you, but if your sole experience with
> Unix/Linux consists of a week's time, this exam may be even *more* of
> a learning experience than you intended...  Anyone else agree on this?

I am going to have to definitely concur with Ross on this, so unless you are a
sadist, plan on some more studying and practical time before attempting the
exams in all honesty.

> Like I tell everyone else, get a good book, a machine or a copy of
> vmware/virtual pc, some iso's of RH 7.3, Knoppix and a copy of the LPI
> objectives and start doing everything you can find in the book and
> objectives.  If there are things you can't figure out how to do on
> your machines or that you can't explain to someone else, you're not ready
> for that topic on the exam, imho.

Listen to Ross here as well.  Good points.

--- Crawford
Linux+, LCP, LPIC-1, RHCT

The Linux ETC Company
P.M.B. 146
368 South McCaslin Boulevard
Louisville, CO 80027 USA
+1 (303) 604-2550 (voice)
+1 (866) 604-2550 (toll free within the US)
+1 (303) 664-0036 (fax)
http://www.linux-etc.biz (under renovations at present)