No subject

Wed Aug 4 17:15:35 EDT 2004

Here are Bradford's details for your information;

Online LPI Courses

LPI 101, 102 and 201 Classes are Available through Insider
Training/Bradford Learning

http://www.insidertraining.com/classofferings_l.asp

Classes include Bradford Learning LPI Courseware, headset, Top instructors
All courses are taught in 2 hour LIVE sessions/2X per week so no time
off work is necessary.
These courses include:
16 Hours of Live InstructionAccess to all individual, indexed, and
interactive replays- 24/7
Access to 14 hours of self paced simulations and interactives-24/7Access
to 6 hours of Live Labs
Over 200+ Practice test questions E-mail mentoring with the
instructorClass Discussion Boards.

Discounted pricing is available to the Linux community by contacting;
info at bradfordlearning.com

C;
One of our LPI volunteers has prepared a listing to help candidates
train for the LPI-101.

He plans to create the same for LPI-102.
Please see the attachment here;

http://www.lpi.org/download/LPI101_StudyGuide.pdf

Thank-you, Trevor Roskewich for your hard work on this.
Trevor is a 'Support Lead' at Novell

We really appreciate all our volunteers for their input into this kind
of work.
This shows true community spirit.

Please note LPI takes no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of
any of the resources provided - LPI is a neutral certification body.

4;

_LPI-Jamaica_ is our newest affiliate, under the leadership of Donavon
Campbell.

If anyone is interested in helping Donavon to create a strong LPI in
the "Caribbean' please contact him at;
Caribbean Linux Open Source Foundation
donavon.campbell at closf.org

Mr Dou of _LPI-China_ sent a report on what has happened in April at
LPI-China.

"Mr Leibovitch of LPI had a short visit to LPI China -Beijing.
Mr Leibovitch introduced the new developments in LPI certifications and
had meetings with representatives from well-known international
and national Linux vendors.

In the visit Evan had a meeting with Mr Wang Song from HP Shanghai in
the office of CESI. As an LPI sponsor - HP China is planning to adapt LPI
certification for Linux OS administrative training.

Mr Leibovitch, with Ms Li Yunqin, manager of LPI China, visited Red Flag
Software Co. Ltd, which is a well-known Linux national vender in Beijing.

Co-operation between LPI and Red Flag is investigated.
Two parties agree to have more communications in the future.

During the MOE-IBM conference in XI’AN Jiaotong University Mr
Leibovitch had an informal meeting with the teachers and
students from the Software Engineering Institute.
He provided a detailed instruction of LPIC, and answered questions
raised from the attendees."

_LPI-USA_
Wesley Duffee-Braun is the contact for LPI in the US and he is looking for
assistance to grow LPI in the US. Please contact him here;

wesley at lpi-us.org

Wesley will be available to discuss his plans at Cebit-America -
please come to the LPI booth #3819 at Cebit-America .
See paragraph 5 below.

You can see a listing of the official affiliates that have been created
here;

https://www.lpi.org/en/affiliates.html

5;

http://www.cebit-america.com/

LPI will attend Cebit-America (Booth 3819) on May 25, 26 and 27th and
will offer an exam lab at 10AM and 2PM each day.

We will be offering exam 101 and 201 at $25,00 per exam. (Room 2DL04)
Please ensure you bring your LPI ID and some photo ID to the exam.

You can register here for an LPI ID number;
https://www.lpi.org/en/register.html

LPI will also be at OSCON in Portland Oregon on July.
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2004/

Arrangements for an exam lab are being finalized and we will
post details to the LPI website very soon.

5a

LPI was at Real World Linux in Toronto Canada in April and also at
the Linux Desktop Conference in SanDiego USA and at the Linux User
and Developer Expo in London England.

At each conference we hosted exam labs and met interested candidates.
We thank the organizers of each event for their support, and encouragement.

http://www.desktoplinuxsummit.com

http://www.realworldlinux.com/

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/expo/

6; Exam Lab in St Louis USA

Location:
    Four Points Convention Center (pending)
    Fairview Heights, IL  (IL-64, exit 12)

Time:     LPI 101 - 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM

    	  LPI 102 - 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM

Price:    Each exam will cost $25 (regularly $100ea).

          Must be paid on-site in cash.

You must have an LPI ID prior to taking your exams.
This ID registration is free.  Please bring the LPI ID
and some photo ID to the testing event.

You can obtain your ID by registering at
https://www.lpi.org/en/register.html.

Please let us know if you would like to participate;
info at lpi.org

And finally.....an article on LPI training at a boot-camp
site in the US.

Thanks for all your support.

Please let me know if you see any errors, or omissions.

Thanks,

Wilma Silbermann

VP Operations

wilma at lpi.org