[lpi-discuss] Re: Did anyone work with SuSE on the SL103 Exam? It's junk IMHO!

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Jul 23 00:36:22 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 00:15, Amish Munshi wrote:
> Bryan,
> I gave the SL103 and I have passed. I found the exam very similar to LPI
> level 2. My experience with it was very similar as compared to Level2. I
> scored 656.

Good to hear someone passed.  I scored 60 points below you so I did
not.  I must have missed two or so big ones that you didn't.

> I guess after ironing out a few initial glitches we can easily master
> this exam. My view is very few topics are covered in the exam, which
> makes it difficult to pass and it is very suse specific. But I guess
> that is why SuSE considers it to be aligned with LPI and not a
> standalone exam.

The content, difficulty and passing score have me scratching my head on
why it is categorized as a "Level 1."

And then I took some real issues with the questions and, worse yet,
answer sets/choices.  I think if I retake it, I'm just going to pick my
gut instinct and not try to discertain if the exam writer was fully
aware of the issues with his answers.

     Linux Enthusiasts call me anti-Linux.
   Windows Enthusisats call me anti-Microsoft.
 They both must be correct because I have over a
decade of experience with both in mission critical
environments, resulting in a bigotry dedicated to
 mitigating risk and focusing on technologies ...
           not products or vendors
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.            b.j.smith at ieee.org