[lpi-discuss] Re: Did anyone work with SuSE on the SL103 Exam? It's junk IMHO!

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Jul 23 00:36:22 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 00:15, Amish Munshi wrote:
> Bryan,
> I gave the SL103 and I have passed. I found the exam very similar to LPI
> level 2. My experience with it was very similar as compared to Level2. I
> scored 656.

Good to hear someone passed.  I scored 60 points below you so I did
not.  I must have missed two or so big ones that you didn't.

> I guess after ironing out a few initial glitches we can easily master
> this exam. My view is very few topics are covered in the exam, which
> makes it difficult to pass and it is very suse specific. But I guess
> that is why SuSE considers it to be aligned with LPI and not a
> standalone exam.

The content, difficulty and passing score have me scratching my head on
why it is categorized as a "Level 1."

And then I took some real issues with the questions and, worse yet,
answer sets/choices.  I think if I retake it, I'm just going to pick my
gut instinct and not try to discertain if the exam writer was fully
aware of the issues with his answers.

--
     Linux Enthusiasts call me anti-Linux.
   Windows Enthusisats call me anti-Microsoft.
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.            b.j.smith at ieee.org