[lpi-discuss] newer exams?

ross brunson ross at brunson.org
Sat Oct 9 12:38:29 EDT 2004

Steve,

As I understand the layout, the current objectives are quite steady, and
won't change anytime soon, but LPI is working on increasing the pool of
questions by an order or magnitude, all the while retiring or fixing
questions that needed it.  In other words, the objectives are the
objectives, and if you know them, either through studying such materials
as my book or on your own, then you'll likely do well in the exams.

The linux version of the exams on the ExamSim CD-ROM that are included
have one slight problem, the file to install them needs to be renamed
before executing it.

So, you would mount the CD-ROM, cd to wherever it's mounted on your
system and find the ExamSim folder.

The Windows version of the exams needs the GTK libraries etc. but the
only file needed for the Linux version of the exam prep engine is the
file "examsim-linux-1.0-setup".  Copy this file to your drive somewhere,
and rename it "examsim.setup" and then execute it as the root user.  It
will install the needed files and you can then begin using it with the
command "examsim".

Our developer for the CD-ROM had a non-caffeinated moment on that one,
and we'll fix it permanently on the second printing, I hear.

Thanks,

Ross