[lpi-discuss] Discounts for young teens?

Mark Miller mark.miller at lpi.org
Tue Aug 9 10:17:28 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 22:20 -0700, Perry Huang wrote:
> Dear LPI community,
>
> I am 13 and I will be taking the LPI test 102 (or 101, not sure) tomarrow
> at LinuxWorld San Francisco!

Cool! It will most likely be the 101 test that is available.

>  I currently have no certifications, so I am
> looking forward to taking it tomarrow. However, I have the exhibiter pass
> to the expo, so my test will cost me $25. Are there special discounts for
> young teens? If not, will there ever be one?

The $25 fee IS a special discount. Normally they are about $100 at a VUE
or Prometric testing center. I doubt that you will ever see a "teen
discount" because we know that teens can do the job! Did you know that
back in the ancient 70's the head programmer for Atari was 14?

> Ahhh, I have to keep reading my Exam Cram 2 LPI book. I've probably read
> about half of it, but I have been using linux for quite some time now,
> maybe since I was in 4th grade?

The Exam Cram book is good but the best thing you have going for you is
your hands on experience. Good Luck!

--
Mark Miller
Program Manager