[lpi-discuss] Re: More work for the objective review -- is this for2007+?

Dimitrios Bogiatzoules taki at lpi.org
Thu Aug 18 10:28:40 EDT 2005

Bryan J. Smith said the following on 18.08.2005 15:47:
> On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 15:34 +0200, Dimitrios Bogiatzoules wrote:
>
>>The short answer is no.
>

> Okay.
>

>>The longer is: How sure can you be that a today's comment will be valid
>>in 2007+? ;)
>

> Because like it or not, distros are shipping with the LINKLOCAL IPv6
> address turned on.  We can choose to ignore it and act like it doesn't
> exist.

Hm, my comment didn't meant that you cannot add an comment for IPV6. My
personal view here is that there should be IPV6 stuff there. The
commands are almost the same, I heard ;)

What I meant was that we shouldn't get comment on an issue that applies
on the certification in 2 years.

If you think you have a comment/idea(proposal that we should include in
the objectives while *this* review, go ahead and enter it. But if you
think it's too early, then wait for the next run. It's your (and anyone
who's willing to comment the objectives) decision, not mine or any other
one's.

Taki
--
Dimitrios Bogiatzoules  Staff member of Linux Professional Institute
LPIC-2                  Board member of LPI German