[lpi-discuss] IPv6 in exam LPI ?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Aug 18 22:26:30 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 02:09 -0700, ross e. brunson wrote:
> It should be about what IPV6 is, what the addressing looks like, heck
> what do we want them to know about IPV4?  Take that as an example and
> "V6" it up a little, shoot it out to the list and see who salutes it
> with all fingers, or just one...

I actually posted 4 questions to the LPI-ExamDev list.
I haven't seen a single response.

As I stated there, and then here as well, I expect a corporate Linux
system administrator in 2005 to know the private IPv6 address prefixes,
just like I expect them to know for IPv4.  That's not much to ask,
especially since the concepts overlap the same.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com