[lpi-discuss] LPIC-2 makes #10 on the CertCities' Top 10 for 2006 ...

chris christiaan.theron at virgin.net
Fri Dec 16 09:59:13 EST 2005

Scott Lamberton wrote:

>Bryan J. Smith wrote:
>

>>[ Is this list on?  It's been awfully quiet. ;-]
>>
>>http://www.certcities.com/editorial/features/story.asp?EditorialsID=95
>>

>Bryan:
>
>We're all still here.  I think everyone's occupied with the
>pre-Christmas/end of year push ;-)
>
>Also notable this month was our standing in the salary survey in
>Certification Magazine: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/mediatec/cm1205/
>
>LPI led the pack in terms of salaries for Linux Certs:
>
>LPI    $81,940
>RHCT    $77,750
>RHCE    $77,470
>Linux+    $64,510
>
>Happy Holidays everyone!
>
>Now, I have to go out and dig the car out from under a mountain of snow ;-)
>
>scott

These wage figures are just  propaganda. I went for a Linux/Unix
network assistant job at a supposed prestigious employer
<http://www.barlibrary.com/> which is the  library for lawyers for
Northern Ireland. The job paid $22,200 for full-time hours

So if anybody knows where I can get a job as a network assistant that
pays better than that, then I would appreciate hearing from them.

Until then dont believe the hype.

Chris