[lpi-discuss] Training materials as free as what they teach

Hamilton, James James.Hamilton at cit.act.edu.au
Tue Jul 19 23:41:52 EDT 2005

Evan Leibovitch wrote [Wednesday, 20 July 2005 12:13 AM]:

> Hello all,
>
> Given the discussions we've had so far regarding training
> materials I thought I'd add something from a slightly
> different perspective. It's come to my attention there are
> now _three_ separate projects on the go to produce
> high-quality, community-developed training materials for open
> source software administration, freely downloadable and
> goverened by open licensing schemes:

There is also the Linux Certification Documentation Project at
(http://lcdp.sourceforge.net/) which has been running for a
number of years.

This includes LPI101 and 102 material and was developed for use
in the Linux courses run by Geoffrey Robertson in a  Sydney
Technical College. (See the Sydney LUG pages for more info
http://www.slug.org.au/training.html.

The pdfs available for download from this site are out of date
but the LaTeX source in cvs is very up to date and well worth a view.

--
James Hamilton
Faculty of Business and IT
e: James.Hamilton at cit.act.edu.au
p: 02 6205 9613
m: 0418 542 514

This email, and any attachments, may be confidential and also privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient:
Please notify the sender and delete all copies of this transmission along with any attachments immediately.
You should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person.