[lpi-discuss] Principles for creation of exam objectives

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Jul 29 10:37:22 EDT 2005

Torsten Scheck wrote:

>But the issues resulting from this discussion (Let's make a survey about
>MTA usage! What relevance would the survey's results have for our
>decision? ...) showed, that we either lack detailed processes or that
>the list members don't know about their existence.

The key word here is "detailed".

The Wiki says: "Update L1 Objectives, using community feedback collected
during this period", but doesn't specify how to do that (beyond
suggesting that public input is collected by one-way non-interactive
communication using RT). The questions regarding "do we do a survey" etc
are, in their own way, trying to define the details as the process moves
along because it wasn't sufficiently defined in advance.

>I want to support the current process, not question it

The messy necessity of turning theory into practice does not in itself
question the theory.

- Evan