[lpi-discuss] BSD certification JTA survey report available

Benjamín Gálvez benja at lpi.cl
Fri Jul 29 19:54:03 EDT 2005

	Exam Track and other comments....

page 45
"I think the model that Red Hat has taken good: - Red Hat Certified
Technician (RHCT) - Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) - Red Hat
Certified Architect (RHCA). Intuitively you know that each exam represents
a higher level of expertise, but the way they present them does not diminish the value of the easier exam. I think this is important because in
some environments an in-depth understanding of BSD or Linux is not
required, but an employer could see significant benefit to an employee who
has a functional understanding of Unix-like systems."

page 46
"So I know redhat has RHCT and RHCE... kinda like Cisco's various levels. I
think a: Certified CBA (Certified BSD Administrator) and CBE (Certified
BSD Engineer) might make sense. CISSP's "credits" approach is also a
reasonable one for keeping your certification 'active.'"

page 48.
"I think the LPI style of certification is preferable over the Linux+ (comptia)
style. Albeit, the LPI questions were confusing to answer both in answer
format, and in the questions being asked."

Saludos
Benjamín