[lpi-discuss] Re: [lpi-staff] RPM and Debian

ross e. brunson ross at brunson.org
Sat Mar 12 23:46:02 EST 2005

There are times when I am _very_ glad that of all the things I have to
worry about, this isn't one of them.

I agree that we're due for a retooling of the process, the exams have
only recently come out of the phase where they were perceived as being
Red Hat-centric, something I fought daily when I joined Novell, but it
is slowly getting through to everyone that they are really LSB-centric
and any distro will do.

Is it once again time for me to bring up that old chestnut of a topic
called "We should have a practicum-based exam option"?  Not as the
primary option for exams, but perhaps we could offer the ability to
"CLEP" out of the different levels at LW's or an annual event?

Ross