[lpi-discuss] Re: [lpi-staff] Finding Linux talent

Mark Miller mark.miller at lpi.org
Mon Mar 21 16:32:04 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 15:26 -0500, Scott Lamberton wrote:
> Mark:
>
> This is an excellent point but unfortunately one that I fear is based
> largely on FUD.

There is no doubt this is FUD. I was hoping to help combat it.

> Frankly, I think the talent is out there. Which is why I rant so.  We´re
> just not connecting.  In that regard LPI-US has developed a online job
> matching service that in the coming months we may at LPI International
> promote, develop further, mimic, etc.  I´m not sure if this is amongst
> my many work priorities and I´m still working out the details with the
> LPI-US people.  However it needs help.  Lots of help.  Volunteers are
> welcome.  But I´d love to be able to promote an available talent pool of
> LPI certified people and say to those who call me looking for them: ¨go
> look here--you´ll find what you need¨ ;-)

And now I have found that you are already looking at this! Excellent!
I'm a bit busy with creating the best cert possible right now but I
would encourage people out there to step up and help to create this. I
think that such a directory (if kept reasonably up to date) would be an
excellent way to create more value for the holders of the certs and give
everyone a way to counter the FUD of "no one to support Linux"! Simply
pointing an employer or manager to the list at lpi.org would go a long
way in evangelizing Linux and LPI!

Here is someone's chance to fight back and contribute to the community.
Any takers?
--
Mark Miller
Program Manager