[lpi-discuss] looking for courseware

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu May 12 23:14:52 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 19:14 -0700, ross e. brunson wrote:
> I finally got used to OO and how it worked, I was a very accomplished MS
> Orifice user, particularly in Powerpoint, so Impress took a while to get
> used to...

I actually adopted Impress (StarOffice 3.0) back in 1996 on Windows,
because it did many things that PowerPoint didn't -- especially HTML
export.

Unfortunately, StarDivision didn't improve it much, so Microsoft caught
up by late Office 97 (with add-ons) and Office 2000 (more built-in).
Drawing was always crappy in MS Office, but once Microsoft added Visio
to its Office line (as I said, add-ons), it was better than Draw-
Impress.

But the cool thing is that I can _modify_ (not just merely read ;-)
_100%_ any of my presentations _100%_ verbatim that I've created over
the last 10+ years.  Not many people can say that.

Bryan J. Smith                                 b.j.smith at ieee.org