[lpi-discuss] looking for courseware

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu May 12 23:14:52 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 19:14 -0700, ross e. brunson wrote:
> I finally got used to OO and how it worked, I was a very accomplished MS
> Orifice user, particularly in Powerpoint, so Impress took a while to get
> used to...

I actually adopted Impress (StarOffice 3.0) back in 1996 on Windows,
because it did many things that PowerPoint didn't -- especially HTML

Unfortunately, StarDivision didn't improve it much, so Microsoft caught
up by late Office 97 (with add-ons) and Office 2000 (more built-in).
Drawing was always crappy in MS Office, but once Microsoft added Visio
to its Office line (as I said, add-ons), it was better than Draw-

But the cool thing is that I can _modify_ (not just merely read ;-)
_100%_ any of my presentations _100%_ verbatim that I've created over
the last 10+ years.  Not many people can say that.

Bryan J. Smith                                 b.j.smith at ieee.org
Beware of those who define their preference in terms of hate of
another option, and not on the positive merits of their selection