[lpi-discuss] looking for courseware

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri May 13 16:25:04 EDT 2005

From:  Alan McKinnon
> Does anyone have an opinion on using DocBook
> for generating manuals?
> I'm a technical nuts-and-bolts with soldering-iron-in-the-hand
> kind of guy, I find printing technologies a tad confusing.

DocBook is a good standard as well, one that converts to/from LaTeX and OpenOffice XML well.
DocBook started out as a subset of SGML, and then became an OASIS XML standard like OpenOffice.
Being an engineer, my main issue with DocBook has been the requirement for an external equation mark-up.

I can in-line complex equations 5x faster in LyX than any "word processor."