[lpi-discuss] looking for courseware

Jeremy Anderson jeremy at plunketts.net
Fri May 13 16:48:09 EDT 2005

When teaching, I used the books from Course Technology, by Nick Wells.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0619000945/qid=1116017025/sr=8-2/ref=pd_csp_2/103-1922662-3761469?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0619130954/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/103-1922662-3761469?v=glance&s=books&n=507846&st=*

I found it was fairly good for the format I was using, which was 1 3-4
hour class per week, for 16 weeks.  I used one book for intro to
administration, and the next for networking and some security.  I found
the books were correct almost all of the time, and were fairly readable.

I did not follow the outlines exactly, and worked up almost all my own labs.

You can see my HTML lecture notes at http://www.angelar.com/~jeremy/htcunix/

They are scattered, and very skeletal, since I only used them as
reminders to myself.

I found that classes worked best when I lectured for 15-20 minutes, then
did some lab, and repeated this throughout the time.

Jeremy Anderson