[lpi-discuss] LPIC-3

Tabatha Marshall tabatha.marshall at lpi.org
Thu Nov 10 14:00:37 EST 2005

Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> Others said...
>>> LPIC-3 is about the security of linux and the related network.
>>>

>> <anal>
>> I thought LPIC-3 was specializations, with security being one.
>> </anal>

Don't forget that it was not ultimately decided what L3 should cover,
which is why further analysis needs to be done by engaging people within
the community/industry.  It will come in a more organized fashion than a
simple discussion, I promise!  ;)

> The reality, to the best that I am aware, is that LPIC-3 is no closer to
> fruition now than a few years ago.
>
> There are a three main reasons for this that I encountered while serving
> as LPI pres:

Evan, I think your explanations below are helpful to the community.  I
agree that these are the current challenges facing L3.  It's important
that we factor these points into the assessment of new programs.

Thank you for sharing that with the list!

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall
Director of Certification