[lpi-discuss] LPIC-3

Dimitrios Bogiatzoules taki at lpi.org
Fri Nov 11 11:52:50 EST 2005

Hi Alan,

Alan McKinnon said the following on 11.11.2005 13:33:
> Practicum exams are very problematic though. I've always maintained
> that the Linux industry needs both CBT and PBT, but they do fall into
> two distinct areas, with some grey spots in the middle.
[...]
> PBT can't work independant of an implementation - you have to have a
> real Linux system running to do the test. Therefore PBT is best for
> vendor taining, and excellent for testing candidates on a specific
> vendor AND version.

You managed to confuse me :)

We use the term PBT for Paper Based Tests and you can imagine me
wondering reading the above ;)

I suppose this is the start for next acronym definition competition (ADC
(TM) )...

Best regards,

Taki
--
Dimitrios Bogiatzoules  Staff member of Linux Professional Institute
LPIC-2                  Board member of LPI German