[lpi-discuss] GUI fun (was Server vs. Wrokstation (was Some Objective Feedback)

ross e. brunson ross at brunson.org
Wed Sep 14 13:51:01 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 21:30 -0400, Dan York wrote:
> A solution, as you mention, may involved distro-specific exams.

Oh please, don't do that...  I can't think of anything that would dilute
the certification market more, it'd be like us at Sair trying to do
courseware and labs for 9 different distros and their deltas of change.

My personal take would be that we concentrate on the base of Linux and
let various vendors differentiate, like my employer does.  There's
plenty of room for us to continue to succeed without morphing into
everything that comes along the pike.

Ross