[lpi-discuss] Re: General comments on LPI levels -- LPIC-1 will NEVER be Linux+ (so help me God)

Ian Shields ishields at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 14 20:56:08 EDT 2005

I have to agree. Ther eis only one issue, whether 1 represents the top
level or the bottom level. I think 0 always represents the bottom level if
we consider only the non-negative integers. I woudl add that in *my*
experience, I have yet to see a series of courses where one takes higher
numbered course before lower numbered ones in the same subject, so I'm
happy with LPIC-1 representing a lesser qualificaton than LPIC-2 and then
LPIC-3.. If this actually occurs, or is common, please speak up.
Otherwise, let's stick with the nomenclature of LPIC-1, LPIC-2 and LPIC-3
as the primary LPI levels, with the (possible) understanding that
appropriate words may be applied as may be deemed necessary in a
particular market.

Ian Shields Ph.D.
Linux  Technologist, ISV & Developer Relations
IBM Corp
Research Triangle Park, NC
ishields at us.ibm.com