Naming (Was Re: [lpi-discuss] General comments on LPI levels)

Evan Leibovitch evan at
Thu Sep 15 03:30:03 EDT 2005

john at wrote:

>I see ambiguity in the numbers too. Anyway, Linux always starts with
>zero, so why do we start with 1?
Because Level 0 wasn't the first exam to be done, just as the first Star
Wars film made was #4 :-).

>But seriously .. 1 is primary, it could easily be taken, if there
>weren't other linguistic indications, that level 1 is primary, the top
Perhaps, but doubtful. Most people in IT, in any language, understand
that  (1 < 2)  is true far more often than (1 > 2).

- Evan