[lpi-discuss] Re: General comments on LPI levels -- after 14 years, they still call me an "Intern"

Mark Miller mark.miller at lpi.org
Fri Sep 16 01:54:25 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 00:39 -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 21:59 -0700, Mark Miller wrote:
> > As GOD is my witness, I WILL have sub-netting on my tests! ;)
>
> What I care _more_ about is host-based details, like setting up routes
> or -- more often than not -- removing _incorrect_ routes.

Write em up! You know how we do it and have an NDA!  Seriously, if you
want em send some to Arne (Level 1) or Simon (Level 2) as appropriate.
If you are not sure then just send em on to me.  Encrypted would be nice
but plain text if you must.  Sorry, the tool won't allow direct
submissions anymore, we are working on that.

Same goes for anyone else out there. If you think you can write good
items (it really is harder than it looks) and have some ideas then send
then in to anyone mentioned above.  If you are not sure how then ask!
We really want community input and your name is recorded as the author
in our databases.  I would wait until you have the level of
certification that you are writing items for before sending any in. We
would be embarrassed if you got a test that had one of YOUR items on it.

If you think you may want to write items and are wondering what is
involved then go to the public wiki and check out the "Item Writing
Workshop in a Box" section. In there is a number of documents describing
the kinds of things a good item writer needs to deal with.  Please make
your submission in English or at least give us a heads up so we can
arrange for some translation.

If Ricardo or Alberto are out there, we would love to get those items
from you!

--
Mark Miller
Program Manager