[lpi-discuss] General comments on LPI levels

Mark Miller mark.miller at lpi.org
Sat Sep 17 16:24:29 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 09:58 -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> Do _not_ make LPI an exam that says ... "oh, let Microsoft solve it for
> you."  No!  I am completely and utterly _against_ that!

That will never happen.

> > I see a handful of OpenLDAP and NDS implementations out there,
> First off, this is what I mean by not wanting to see "home users
> defining LPI exams."  All you know of are OpenLDAP and Novell
> eDirectory.

While home users can indeed pass the tests, particularly as they are now
they do not define them.  Generally we are at the level of a good medium
business network solution.  I'd like to see Level 2 move up into the
enterprise types of situations that you mention in the parts of the post
I don't quote here. Even then however we need to be careful to avoid any
focus on distro specific solutions that we would tend to run into in
this kind of environment.

Mark Miller
Program Manager
Exam Development Level 1