[lpi-discuss] General comments on LPI levels

Mark Miller mark.miller at lpi.org
Sat Sep 17 16:24:29 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 09:58 -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> Do _not_ make LPI an exam that says ... "oh, let Microsoft solve it for
> you."  No!  I am completely and utterly _against_ that!

That will never happen.

> > I see a handful of OpenLDAP and NDS implementations out there,
>
> First off, this is what I mean by not wanting to see "home users
> defining LPI exams."  All you know of are OpenLDAP and Novell
> eDirectory.

While home users can indeed pass the tests, particularly as they are now
they do not define them.  Generally we are at the level of a good medium
business network solution.  I'd like to see Level 2 move up into the
enterprise types of situations that you mention in the parts of the post
I don't quote here. Even then however we need to be careful to avoid any
focus on distro specific solutions that we would tend to run into in
this kind of environment.

--
Mark Miller
Program Manager