[lpi-discuss] the cost of certification

ross e. brunson ross at brunson.org
Tue Sep 20 10:15:00 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 11:30 -0700, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> From: "ross e. brunson" <ross at brunson.org>
> > Man, go on vacation for 2 weeks and you guys get all
> > medieval on the company I work for???

This is from a thread 2-3 months ago...

> Not I.  In fact, I avoided the whole NDS/eDirectory comment,
> and focused on the fact that someone was talking about what
> OpenLDAP could not do, and that ADS-Samba was "more real
> world."  I merely brought up NsDS because it is now also GPL.
>
> At most, I said Novell has its exams to focus on
> NDS/eDirectory.  And Red Hat focuses their exams on Red Hat
> Directory Server (aka NsDS).  But the more proliferated NsDS
> is in GPL form and integrated into other projects, the more
> it joins OpenLDAP.
>
> And since most _client_ setup for NsDS is the _same_ for
> OpenLDAP -- unlike ADS-Samba/Winbindd (let alone
> NDS/eDirectory) -- the more it is a _non-difference_.  That's
> all.

Bryan, you are really off base here, that string you just replied to
above is ancient, and has NOTHING to do with the current discussion.
Leave me out of this one.

Take a break, go outside, breath fresh air, stare at the huge orange
ball in the sky for a while, and remember this all a bunch of ones and
zero's anyhow.

See you on the list tomorrow.

Ross