[lpi-discuss] The future of Exam Development at LPI [was Re: Presentation for LinuxTag]

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Apr 24 11:31:01 EDT 2006

Just FYI, I haven't completed my unofficial whitepaper with a set of
future development suggestions based on the LinuxWorld Boston
discussions.

All I have right now are a basic figure of my suggestion through
Y2009, and a few 7-12 objective sets spread over nine (3) Level 3
exam domains that need at least another 12 hours worth of work put
into them.  My suggestion is to take the 2-3 most needed domains,
based on existing LPI-Japan criteria/need, and make those the initial
301 (e.g., Enterprise Security/Authentication), 302 (e.g., Enterprise
Directory/File) and, possibly, a 303 option (e.g., Internet/Content)
for the initial Level 3.  The others will come later,along with a
revision of LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 to reflect this upgrade path (long,
detailed story).

I'll need another 2 weeks to complete that because I've been promoted
to a manager (I'm really running the entire Engineering department,
long story) at my currnet employer to complete a critical project in
6 weeks (again, long story -- I worked all weekend and didn't go home
last night ;-).  I hope to have a 3-day weekend after next weekend
free (and be on a beach somewhere with my laptop for my wedding
anniversary).

--
Bryan J. Smith   Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org    http://thebs413.blogspot.com