[lpi-discuss] [LPI-News] Linux Professional Institute changes Recertification Policy

Anselm Lingnau anselm.lingnau at linupfront.de
Fri Dec 1 12:32:19 EST 2006

Scott Lamberton wrote:

> Linux Professional Institute changes Recertification Policy
>
> [...]

I'm not going to comment on this other than that I think recertification every
two years is silly. Linux moves fast but not quite *that* fast. On the other
hand, frequent recertification does generate money for the LPI, so must be a
good thing. We're beating Microsoft at their own game :^)

My question is the following: It used to be forbidden for successful
candidates to re-sit an LPI exam unless the objectives had changed in the
meantime. I can see the LPI reviewing the objectives once per exam in the
space of five years, but if you recommend that people recertify themselves at
much shorter intervals (like two years), is the ban on unmodified re-sits
going to be lifted, or are you going to commit to a two-year maximum cycle
for objective reviews for all exams?

Anselm Lingnau

(This is my personal opinion and not that of Linup Front GmbH.)
--
Anselm Lingnau ... Linup Front GmbH ... Linux-, Open-Source- & Netz-Schulungen
Linup Front GmbH, Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt, Germany