[lpi-discuss] RE: Linux Professional Institute changes Recertification Policy -- the "2 issues, " plus LPI's direction ...

Slawomir Kawala slwkk at alternatywa.net
Tue Dec 5 08:40:43 EST 2006

Dnia Tue, 5 Dec 2006 01:29:28 +0100
Anselm Lingnau <anselm.lingnau at linupfront.de> napisal(a||e)s:

> A candidate would be expected to pass the LDAP-and-PAM and the
> Samba exam to be LPIC-3 certified, and could then add specialities
> such as security, Apache, mail, etc. as desired.

Hi, I wonder why Samba is so important? I think (or rather I know) that
many network / system administrators* never needed to use Samba, even
that they are experienced linux (and not only linux) users. In my
opinion Samba exam should be only one of the possibilities and nothing
more.

* ok, but I know only net/sys administrators working for ISPs.

--
Best regards, Slawomir Kawala
JID: slwkk [at] alternatywa [dot] net