[lpi-discuss] [LPI-News] Linux Professional Institute changes Recertification Policy

Anselm Lingnau anselm.lingnau at linupfront.de
Tue Dec 5 09:33:34 EST 2006

Taki wrote:

> My certificate will be associated with inactive status on September 1,
> 2008. These makes only clear to others that I stopped investing time and
> resources to pass exams of the same or a higher level (what I call
> inactive, anyway). It does not mean that after that day my proof of
> skills is gone...

True. But I don't trust HR people to draw fine distinctions of that kind.

> BTW: For me as an exam development team member, there isn't a way to
> re-certify me, because I'm not allowed to take exams any more.
> So I will definitely get my inactive status, unless there will be an
> LPIC-2 h.c. ;-)

Here is where Matthew's idea of having work experience, etc., count towards
recertification comes into play. Who cares whether you have read the textbook
if you have *written* it! :^)

Anyway, IMHO, so far the LPI executive has seen fit to tick off many LPI
candidates and alumni. If on top of that they want to insult all the LPI
*volunteers*, too, then they should go right ahead and set your certificate
to INACTIVE in 2008.

Anselm Lingnau

(This is my personal opinion and not that of Linup Front GmbH.)
Anselm Lingnau ... Linup Front GmbH ... Linux-, Open-Source- & Netz-Schulungen
Linup Front GmbH, Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt, Germany
anselm.lingnau at linupfront.de, +49(0)6151-9067-103, Fax -299, www.linupfront.de