[lpi-discuss] Re: LPIC-3 Samba, LDAP and other specialty exams -- WAS: Recertification Policy

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue Dec 5 13:34:32 EST 2006

S³awomir Kawa³a <slwkk at alternatywa.net> wrote:
> Ok, I see your point of view. I understand that Samba is widely
> used in many corporations, but is LPIC3 dedicated for people who
> works for them? It is good idea to make some specializations and
> I think that for example people who are responsible for (err i
> can't find suitable word) 'keeping network in good conditions'
> (where linux is often used as system running on routers) don't
> have to know Samba and they still should have opportunity to get
> LPIC3.

Broken record ... skip ... skip ... skip ... ;->

Then it's obvious you've *NEVER* been to a LPI Technical Advisory
Committee (TAC) meeting.  Because if you have, you'd already be "best
friends" with Matt on this!  ;->

But since you haven't, here's a _very_detailed_ account of the 2006
April Boston TAC (the last 1/3rd of the entry covers the "last day"
and the TAC):
  http://thebs413.blogspot.com/2006/04/business-of-linuxworld.html

Again, if you don't like what you see, VOLUNTEER!  You just might
find the people who are heading up LPIC-3 will not only listen you,
but they actually *AGREE* and are *ALREADY* moving down this path.
;->

Again, please, please, *READ* my blog entries!  ;->
http://thebs413.blogspot.com/2006/04/business-of-linuxworld.html
http://thebs413.blogspot.com/2006/12/lpi-reiterates-and-updates.html

--
Bryan J. Smith   Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org    http://thebs413.blogspot.com