[lpi-discuss] [LPI-News] Linux Professional Institute changes Recertification Policy

G. Matthew Rice matt at starnix.com
Tue Dec 5 15:06:19 EST 2006

Alan McKinnon <alan at linuxholdings.co.za> writes:
> Scott, Glenn, Matt and the rest of the current LPI management team; I
> know you all read this list and you are reading this post. Which one of
> you is going to be the first with enough balls to own up to making a
> mistake and propose a way to rectify it?

Hi Alan,

This isn't a write-only list.  Did you see my e-mail with message ID:
<lv64cq2wur.fsf at newsol.starnix.com>?

G. Matthew Rice wrote:
> Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > change that exam and the fact that I passed it. In 2010 someone may
> > look at it and see that it's 6 years old, and that person will have to
> > decide for themselves if I suit their needs. I don't believe that it's
> > right for LPI to make changes like that willy-nilly without involving
> > me in the process somehow.
>
> I agree that this would have been nice.  Y'all may be shouting at
> windmills, though.  How many LPI directors are on this list?

You are yelling at the wrong guys here, Alan.

For the record, my perpetual, never to expire certification is also on the
line now.  I don't like the way this recert policy was handled, either.
However, I don't disagree with the spirit of the change.

Also, perhaps you should identify what should be rectified?

The policy?  I don't agree with you.  Sorry.
The process for deciding something of this magnitude?  I'm all for it.

Regards,
--
g. matthew rice <matt at starnix.com>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20