[lpi-discuss] Re: LPIC-2 self-study materials - WAS: Linux Professional Institute changes Recertification Policy

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Fri Dec 8 03:11:06 EST 2006

On Thursday 07 December 2006 18:47, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> From:  Danny Williams JR
>
> > I want to go on to L2 myself but I can't find any books that cover
>
> the material.
>
> > anybody with a suggestion?
>
> There are several now! ;-)
> O'Reilly's "In a Nutshell" 2nd Ed now covers LPIC-2 (and I owe them
> an independent review ;-). There are also several free ones.
>
> BTW, were some of those free ones removed from the LPI site?
> I.e., where is the popular, free 201/202 self-study link?

I take it you mean the stuff at snow.nl and Tomas' tutorials at linuxit?

Both of these are now actually out of date since the LPIC-2 Objectives
were revised, so it's not surprising that links to them are now hard to
find. I still recommend them when people ask me for LPIC-2 references,
but with a long explanation about how the reader has to work out for
himself where the docs differ from the actual objectives

alan