[lpi-discuss] [LPI-News] Linux Professional Institute changes Recertification Policy

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Fri Dec 8 06:50:21 EST 2006

On Friday 08 December 2006 12:07, Torsten Scheck wrote:
> Furthermore, I know at least of Anselm, Karl and Alan that they have
> been very active supporters of LPI ("ground crew") and I understand
> from their messages, that their trust into LPI is at stake--no matter
> how bravely Bryan defends LPI's actions (thank you Bryan, anyway).
> They feel betrayed, as they learned about the change only when the
> policy was officially effective, even though _they_ are the ones who
> deal with LPI's policies on a daily basis. There also seems to be the
> position among some LPI staff members that the change wasn't
> appropriately facilitated. Please be assured, that I take this very
> seriously.

Hi Torsten,

First I want to say thanks for everything you did mention in the rest of
your email. There's a lot information there and it does make the
picture a lot clearer. I'm also convinced that the majority of LPI's
support base are smart people who will understand that needs and
circumstance sometimes stay the same and sometimes change.

I did want to comment directly on the paragraph I quoted above, to say
that whereas I don't agree with how this change was communicated to us,
that I still support LPI fully. These days I don't get to do as much
LPI work as I would like, but hopefully this is a temporary state of
affairs.

To me, the LPI certs are still as important as they ever were and still
a vital part of getting Linux "out there".

alan