[lpi-discuss] Re: BS' final comments on 'spam filters' -- WAS: LPIC3

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Dec 13 11:18:56 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 17:59 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> No, it's your loss. You are communicating to me (as a member of the
> larger group) and I am willing to listen. We don't have a language
> barrier here so I should be able to read your posts with ease. But I
> can't, because of the formatting you choose to use.

Then that's your loss.
Learning to tolerate anything is necessary.
In fact, it's a lesson in priorities.

Which is worse?
A screaming poster?
Or an ignorant fool?

And that's before we get to the McCarthyism aspects of what I'm seeing
by the majority of the Linux community as of late.

> So you reduce the size of your audience by one.

Fine by me!
People don't take me serious when I don't punctuate.
So what's the difference?

In fact, it's a great excuse for them.
So go ahead, use it!
I'm fine with that.  ;->

> It's your communication, you created it. Perhaps you should take more
> responsibility for it and maximize it's intelligibility.

Perhaps you shouldn't need to hear my words, but you should do your own
investigation and not leave it to others to explain it to you.

As I always say ... (LEGAL DISCLAIMER, HENCE CAPS) ...

  DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD I SAY
  FOR ALL YOU KNOW, I COULD BE HERE FOR ONLY ENTERTAINMENT VALUE
  DO YOUR OWN, UNBIASED RESEARCH AND FIND OUT IF I AM INDEED CORRECT
  SO YOU HAVE THE FACTS TO UNDERSTAND WHY, ON YOUR OWN

[ NOTE:  That's a play on a similar statement made by Niel Boortz, a
political radio commentator. ]

--
Bryan J. Smith            Professional, technical annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com