[lpi-discuss] Regarding My Exam

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Fri Feb 24 08:57:39 EST 2006

On Friday, 24 February 2006 15:15, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wrote the LPI 101 Exam and failed.Is there any retake
> policies?..should i wait one week or 90 days to retake the exam and
> should i pay again the full amount to write the exam?

Hi Chaks,

When you fail any individual exam the first time, you must wait one
week to write it again. If you fail that exam a second or more times,
you must wait 90 days to rewrite it.

This rule applies to each individual exam only. Failing a 101 has no
effect on when you can write the 102 for example.

Ref: http://www.lpi.org/en/policies.html#retake

> I approached the local Prometric Test Centre -
> http://www.register.prometric.com/Centers.asp?Page=2
> I reside in Chennai,India and i approached,
> NIIT
> L.B. ROAD
> 59, LATTICE BRIDGE ROAD
> SHAH COMPLEX, ADYAR
> as it is the nearest Prometric Test Center to me as given in the
> link above.
>
> They didnt ask for my LPI ID and there was no classification
> between RPM or DEB and also i got 98 questions to be answered
> instead of the 65 questions.

They should have asked for your LPIID, it is how your exam is tracked
to you. Send a mail to info at lpi.org asking if LPI has a record of
your exam being written.

There is a lot of info still out there on the web about the old exam
which was either rpm or deb. That has now fallen away and there is
only one 101 exam which has question on both. It was felt that to
earn a 101 a candidate really should know how to work both package
managers.

Ref: http://www.lpi.org/en/news_item/110

The extra 33 questions are new items that are being tested and
piloted. They do not form part of your score, and there is no
indication which items are the new ones being tested. Once many
people have answered these items they are statistically analyzed to
make sure they do actually test something valid, then they are put in
the main pool of marked items. The exam length was extended to 2
hours to accomodate this. It only applies to computer based exams,
the paper based ones still consist of 65 items. I received news of
this point in a newsletter by mail a while back but can;t find any
reference on www.lpi.org

--
Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za