[lpi-discuss] Failure rates at LPI exams

Giannis Stoilis giannis at stoilis.gr
Fri Apr 13 04:59:00 EDT 2007

On 4/13/07, Karl Schock <Karl.Schock at web.de> wrote:
[snip]
> As far as I know Evan Leibovitch was the president of the LPI
> in 2002. So in this case the number comes from "an authorized source".

Oops, you're right, I didn't notice it, it mentions it in the end.
Well, it can't get more authorized than this... :)

[snip]
> (*) In August 2006 for example the LPI published to have delivered
> 120.000 exams and 35.000 certifications.
> See http://list.lpi.org/pipermail/lpi-discuss/2006-August/002523.html
> 1 certification stands for 2 passed exams. So the passing rate can not
> be less than 58%.

That is a nice average estimate, but I would more interested in seeing
those numbers divided by exam, as a way to calculate their difficulty
as perceived by other people.
I am an LPIC2 and passed all of the exams on my first try, but how
common is this?

Regards
- Giannis Stoilis