[lpi-discuss] LPi Community Proctorship and Certification Exams in Pakistan

Fouad Riaz Bajwa bajwa at fossfp.org
Sun Feb 4 12:58:18 EST 2007

Greetings to the LPi Community,

I am a FOSS Advocate based in Pakistan and have been leading country level
initiatives on FOSS and Linux promotion. We have carried out extensive
training and local certifications on Ubuntu Linux http://www.ubuntu-pk.org
with over 7000 people educated, 4800 certified and trained from 506
organizations in collaboration with and support by UNDP-APDIP IOSN
International Open Source Network and the Open Source Resource Center OSRC,
Pakistan Software Export Board PSEB Ministry of Information Technology &
Telecom Government of Pakistan.

We would now like to extend and strengthen industry-wide accepted Linux
skills and capacity in the region (Lahore-Islamabad-Punjab Province) and for
that we need support from LPi that involves LPi Community Proctorship
allocation and Certification Exams in Pakistan similar to the ones extended
in the Philippines. I have tried to contact the LPi community on a number of
occasions but have gotten no reply possibly due to the fact the wrong
channel may have been approached.

We want to enable a wider LPI Community of Learning and Practice in our
region. I am also forwarding a CC of this message to IOSN incase a working
relationship can forged through IOSN's continued support to us.

Regards
-----------------------
Fouad Riaz Bajwa
General Secretary - FOSS Advocate
FOSSFP: Free & Open Source Software Foundation of Pakistan ® Secretariat
Office of the General Secretary
242-C, Johar Town
Lahore-54700, Pakistan
Cell: 92-333-4661290
Tel: 92-42-5030039
Disclaimer:
This e-mail message is intended for its recipient only. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please discard it. The author of this e- mail or
FOSSFP: Free and Open Source Software Foundation of Pakistan (R) takes no
responsibility for the material, implicit or explicit.